Monday, May 11, 2015

Hamilton Bulldogs @ Adirondack Flames 3/25/15

I'm finally catching up on blog entries. Here goes a pretty big one.

This was the last time I ever went to Glens Falls Civic Center to see an AHL morning skate. After the Adirondack Flames season ended, they moved west and will begin play in the AHL's new Pacific Division next year.

I already graphed the Hamilton Bulldogs earlier this season, but a friend invited me to go with him, and I couldn't say no to one last trip to Glens Falls.

We got there right when the Flames were in the midst of their morning skate, and as soon as we got there, the ink was flowing.

A few weeks earlier, I picked up a Calgary Flames pennant at the local mall for less than $4. Can't go wrong with that. I didn't need to get another team sheet signed by the Flames, so I figured the pennant would be a nice addition.

As soon as I got to the gate to the ice, players started coming off and signing the pennant. I'll post the whole list a little further down. But a funny story happened when one player came off the ice. New guy Oleg Yevenko came off the ice, and I asked him to sign the pennant. He said, "Are you sure?" Once I told him I was sure, he signed it and went to the locker room. When I asked Trevor Gillies to sign the pennant, he picked it up, held it against the glass and signed it.

The only Flame who signed something that wasn't the pennant was Devin Setoguchi. I had a few cards of him, and he signed them nicely when he come off the ice. Here are the cards. He then signed 11 cards for someone else before heading into the locker room.

And here is the pennant and a list of everyone who signed it, in no particular order. Click on the photo to zoom in and see the photo better. I got the pennant signed in black instead of blue.
24-Trevor Gillies 23-Brett Cameron 18-Oleg Yevenko 39-Brad Thiessen
35-Doug Carr 36-Cam Reid 34-Taylor Vause 28-Ben Hanowski
38-Nolan Yonkman 7-John Ramage 14-Mark Cundari 2-Brett Kulak 
3-Ryan Culkin 13-Turner Elson 15-Ken Agostino 9-Garnet Hathaway 
21-Emile Poirier 4-Sena Acolaste 20-Brant Harris 6-Dustin Stevenson 
16-Mathieu Tousignant 30-Clay Witt
I don't know who signed inside the C on the logo. Anybody know who that is?

After all the Flames left the ice, I headed over to the other side just in time to see the Bulldogs enter the ice. I had a few photos of some players and some blank 4x6 team cards. A friend also gave me some cards, which were useful. 

One of the first autographs I got was of former goalie and current assistant coach Vincent Riendeau. He signed two card a friend gave me. He wasn't on the ice for the skate, he was just watching from the stands. He signed a whole bunch of cards for other people. Nice guy. 


Eventually, the players started coming off the ice after the morning skate. One of the ones I easily recognized was former New York Islander Joe Finely. He signed a cool photo from his Islanders days fro me. Here's the photo. No, they didn't wear those uniforms during the game.



One of the first players off the ice was the starting goalie for that night's game, Mike Condon. I took a photo with him last time, and I had printed out a copy for him to sign. He said he really liked the photo and happily signed it for me.



Another player that I recognized by his uniform number was Sven Andrighetto. He is one of the top rated prospects in the Canadiens' system. A friend had given me a custom card that he acquired of Andrighetto. Since Andrighetto had never seen the card before, my friend gave him a card to keep. That seemed to make him happy. He signed the photo and one of the cards for me.













Another player who I had a 4x6 photo of was Eric Tangradi. He and Trevor Gillies have a history from their days with the Penguins and Islanders, respectively. If you don't remember that, click HERE and be reminded of that. Tangradi signed a photo from his days with the Winnipeg Jets and a few cards for some other players.



I was given a bunch of cards of head coach Sylvain Lefebvre. He signed them all for me after coming off the ice. Pretty much everyone signed everything for everyone on the day.








Fellow assistant coach Stephan Lebeau also signed a few cards for me. I wanted him to sign one where he is wearing a dark uniform in silver sharpie, and it didn't come out too well. Always use blue on cards, end of story.

I had a few blank logo photos, and here is a photo of a player that I can't identify signing one for me. I had my GoPro camera with me, and I got some cool shots during the day. Here is one of them. This is what happened with all the players. If you know who this is, comment and let me know.











The last assistant coach that I got an autograph of was Donald Dufrense. He signed a card and one of the 4x6 logo photos for me. Here is a photo of him signing for me that my GoPro took.











Here are the two blank photo sheets and the players that signed them for me.
(Top Left)-T.J. Hensick 16-Bobby Shea 10-Charles Hudon
6-Bryan Allen 7-Darren Dietz (Bottom Right)-Frank Palazzese 
(Top Left)-Donald Dufrense 15-Drayson Bowman
12-Maxime Macenauer 21-Nick Sorkin 

That is all for this entry and that's it for the AHL season. It was an amazing one to say the least. Thanks for reading and good luck graphing! 

1 comment:

  1. The player who signed inside the "C" is Lucas Bloodoff, #33. He was with Adirondack for a tryout after spending the year in the ECHL with Elmira. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete